Sunday, December 19, 2010

Gratefull Apparell clothing now available.



When you think christian apparal the words stunningn graphics and mindblowing colourways may not be what come to mind, but with the new addiction of Gratefull apparell to the store has come with it a look that almost is to cool for church. Colour splashes and subtle christian text is Raymond A. Rivera's way of bringing the christian life mainstream. This is his sites testimony..



Testimony:

For some reason I've always believed in GOD, speaking to him pretty regularly throughout my life, especially when I was in trouble or when I needed something.

For many years I struggled with drugs and alcohol, always taking two steps forward and stumbling back three or four—never being able to succeed in anything, always feeling empty and void.

I found a twelve step program that helped me with my drug abuse. The longer I stayed clean and the more I learned about myself, the more I realized that it is no coincidence that I am still here, alive and not in jail.

One day while attending a twelve step meeting, I heard a speaker who was talking about things that I could relate to. He also spoke about a freedom that we could all experience if we just surrendered to a Higher Power. (Because of the policies of the twelve step program it is suggested not to give your Higher Power a specific name so no one gets offended.)

At that point in my life I was clean from active addiction. But I was making money illegally. I felt that drugs took so much from me that I needed to catch up. Although I was making amounts of money that I had never seen before, I still had a void and always felt lonely. I like to remember sitting in my big house, in front of my big TV feeling miserable.

So when I heard that speaker talking about freedom, I was all ears.

To make a long story short, for the next few months I made sure I put myself in the same places that he would be (after all, I wanted what he had), building a relationship with who I now know as Pastor Raymond Ramos.

At that point in my life because I stopped using drugs and alcohol, I actually thought I was a better person.

Soon to realize that GOD had certain standards. And by trying from my heart and doing my absolute best to live by those standards that I too could live a life beyond my wildest dreams.

So I started to build a relationship with Jesus Christ. I started gradually giving small things up and immediately I started to see positive results. Anything negative that I gave up I was blessed ten times over.

Then finally I made a decision to give up all my old ways and live for Jesus Christ.

Pastor Adam Valenzuela once asked me, “Are you in love with Jesus Christ?” Sincerely, I smiled and answered, “YES.”

I sold my home, opening up a transitional house with my partner John Shinnick for recovering addicts who are trying to make a smooth transition back into society: THE 3SIXTY HOUSE.

I am going to church, reading the Bible, and devoting my life to Jesus Christ.

By turning my life and my will over to GOD, I started to experience life beyond my wildest dreams—BEYOND MY WILDEST DREAMS!

My relationship with Jesus Christ is so special to me. I wish I could explain it in words, but I just can’t. (It’s the warmest thing.)

The Bible is like an instruction manual on how to live your life, how to treat people, how to treat yourself, how to have a relationship with Jesus Christ, and how to prepare for the promise land!

Today I am almost 9 years clean. I have a beautiful wife, Jessica Rivera ; a beautiful daughter, Emily Nicole Lee Rivera; friends; and family that trust and believe in me. And to top it off, I have an amazing relationship with Jesus Christ. I am truly blessed and GRATEFUL, only through God's Grace. What can I say? THANK YOU LORD! 1 TIMOTHY 12–14.

God Bless,

Raymond A. Rivera

(I wrote this testimony while on the yellow school bus with my beautiful daughter on our way to Ellis Island for a school trip.)

No comments:

Post a Comment